- Psychiatry - Adult Community Mental Health (CMHT)
- 10 Sessions per week
- Holly Court, Yeovil
- £76,761 - £103,490 per annum
- 14/03/2018 23:59
Pay Scale: YC72
Area: South Somerset
Relocation: Up to £8000
Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is recruiting for a Consultant Psychiatrist in Adult Community Services (CMHT) to join in a new post covering the areas of Chard and part of Yeovil East.
The successful applicant will be joining a trust recently awarded 'good' by the CQC and will be joining two Consultants covering the areas of Yeovil West and East and will be supported by a Specialty Doctor.
Yeovil and Chard are semi-rural areas with excellent transport links to the nearby cities of Bristol and Bath and situated on the edge of the Mendip Hills area of outstanding natural Beauty.
The area is also well supported by a range of good state and independent school options.
• Deliver direct interventions including assessment, diagnosis and treatment of mental and physical health needs through outpatient clinics home visits as required;
• Act as Responsible Clinician for patients subject to a Community Treatment Order and occasionally, by mutual agreement, for patients on extended Section 17 leave. This will include the preparation of Mental Health Act (MHA) Review Tribunal and other reports and attending MHA Tribunals;
• Undertake MHA assessments as the Trust Section 12 doctor for patients in their catchment area and for patients in Yeovil Police Station (including those detained under S136);
• Work closely with the community teams to provide effective multidisciplinary collaborative care.
• Provide visible and clear clinical leadership to the mental health service both locally and across the Trust;
• Work collaboratively with the inpatient consultant and team based at Rowan Ward to ensure smooth transition for patients admitted and discharged from the ward;
• Contribute to the development of community mental health services.
• Participate in Medical Audit, including audit of their own practice and attendance at quarterly Medical Audit meetings;
• Provide cross cover for planned leave with the two other consultants based at Holly Court you may also be asked to cover the Rowan Ward consultant.
• The post-holder can opt to join the senior out-of-hours on-call rota subject to availability.
The successful candidate will be Section 12 approved, with eligibility for entry onto the GMC Specialist Register (or be within 6 months of CCT at time of application), ideally with prior experience gained in a General Adult Community setting.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Talent Acquisition Specialist –Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust