- Adult Learning Disability Psychiatry
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- 7 PAs
- Holly Court
- £77,913 - £105,042 per annum
- 11/02/2019 23:59
Consultant Psychiatrist – Adult Community – Taunton
Pay Scale: £77,913 - £105,042 per annum
Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is recruiting for a Consultant Psychiatrist in Adult Community Services (CMHT) to join the trust with responsibility for the Taunton area.
The successful applicant will be joining a trust recently awarded good by the CQC and and will be supported by a 0.8WTE Specialty Doctor.
Taunton is a thriving town with excellent transport links to the nearby cities of Bristol and Exeter. Located on the outskirts of multiple areas outstanding natural beauty, Taunton truly captures the meaning of work life balance.
The area is well supported by a range of good state and independent school options and a range of accommodation offering great value for money.
- Deliver direct interventions including assessment, diagnosis and treatment of mental and physical health needs through outpatient clinics home visits as required;
- Act as Responsible Clinician for patients subject to a Community Treatment Order and occasionally, by mutual agreement, for patients on extended Section 17 leave. This will include the preparation of Mental Health Act (MHA) Review Tribunal and other reports and attending MHA Tribunals;
- Undertake MHA assessments as the Trust Section 12 doctor for patients in their catchment area.
- Work closely with the community teams to provide effective multidisciplinary collaborative care.
- Provide visible and clear clinical leadership to the mental health service both locally and across the Trust;
- Work collaboratively with the inpatient consultant and team based at Rowan Ward to ensure smooth transition for patients admitted and discharged from the ward;
- Contribute to the development of community mental health services.
- Participate in Medical Audit, including audit of their own practice and attendance at quarterly Medical Audit meetings;
- The post-holder can opt to join the senior out-of-hours on-call rota subject to availability.
The successful candidate will be Section 12 approved, with eligibility for entry onto the GMC Specialist Register (or be within 6 months of CCT at time of application), ideally with prior experience gained in a General Adult Community setting.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For more information on this opportunity please contact:
David Peddie -Medical Recruiter - David.Peddie@sompar.nhs.co.uk